2 charged in shooting near South Side school

Two men were charged Thursday in connection with a shooting near a South Side elementary school.

Anthony Jamison, 19, of the 8800 block of South Jeffery Boulevard was charged with aggravated battery/discharge of a firearm and aggravated discharge of a firearm at a school building, police said.

Devin D.  Pettis and Anthony N. Jamison

Devin D. Pettis, 25, of the 2100 block of West 77th Place was charged with three counts of unlawful use/possession of a weapon by a felon, having a firearm without a valid gun card, possession of ammunition and unlawful possession of an unregistered firearm, police said.

The charges stem from the shooting that happened near an elementary school on the 7900 block of South Honore Street.

Bullets reportedly did hit the building, but no children were hurt.

Further details about the events of the shooting and the charges were not immediately available.

20 Comments to “2 charged in shooting near South Side school”

pagan69 said:
    March 8, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Yes Indeedey this is what we need more oppressive gun laws that will only impact on law abiding citizens. Chicago, for years I thought you had a Criminal Control Problem, but from what I see you have a Politician Control Problem. Tell your politicians you have had enough, arrest the Thugs, Bangers, Rapists, Robbers and put them away or lose you jobs and when they give you Crap remind them they work for you not the other way around. We cannot afford to allow politiciaans to make more ciitizens criminals through firearms legislation.

Man From Utopia said:
      March 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Gosh I wish I thought like you. Life must be so simple for you. Hey why hasn't someone else thought of that. Gee-whiz. Yeah, let's just get rid rid of all bad politicians and put all criminals behind bars. Great idea. You're a frickin' genius.

Bee Jay said:
    March 8, 2013 at 8:10 AM

It's lonely out tonight
    And the feelin' just got right for a brand new love song
    Somebody done somebody wrong song

Hey, wontcha play another somebody done somebody wrong song
    And make me feel at home while I miss my baby, while I miss my baby

So please play for me a sad melody
    So sad that it makes everybody cry-y-y-y
    A real hurtin' song about a love that's gone wrong
    'cause I don't want to cry all alone

Hey, wontcha play another somebody done somebody wrong song
    And make me feel at home while I miss my baby, while I miss my baby

So please play for me a sad melody
    So sad that it makes everybody cry-y-y-y
    A real hurtin' song about a love that's gone wrong
    'cause I don't want to cry all alone

Hey, wontcha play another somebody done somebody wrong song
    And make me feel at home while I miss my baby, while I miss my baby

(Hey) wontcha play (wontcha play) another somebody done somebody wrong song
    And make me feel at home while I miss my baby, while I miss my baby

(Hey) wontcha play (wontcha play) another somebody done

FADE

somebody wrong song
    And make me feel at home while I miss my baby, while I miss my baby

Enrique said:
      March 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM

A timeless gem by B.J. Thomas.

arubatom said:
    March 8, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Great mugshots….they look absolutely "Clueless in Chicago"!! Definitely clueless about being good citizens….they may miss choir practice on Saturday!!

Ice Cubed said:
    March 8, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Just waking up in the morning gotta thank God
    I don't know but today seems kinda odd
    No barking from the dogs, no smog
    And momma cooked a breakfast with no hog
    I got my grub on, but didn't pig out
    Finally got a call from a girl wanna dig out
    Hooked it up on later as I hit the do'
    Thinking will i live, another twenty-fo'
    I gotta go cause I got me a drop top
    And if I hit the switch, I can make the ass drop
    Had to stop at a red light
    Looking in my mirror not a jacker in sight
    And everything is alright
    I got a beep from Kim and she can fuck all night
    Called up the homies and I'm askin y'all
    Which court, are y'all playin basketball?
    Get me on the court and I'm trouble
    Last week fucked around and got a triple double
    Freaking brothers everyway like M.J.
    I can't believe, today was a good day

Drove to the pad and hit the showers
    Didn't even get no static from the cowards
    Cause just yesterday them fools tried to blast me
    Saw the police and they rolled right past me
    No flexin, didn't even look in a niggaz direction
    As I ran the intersection
    Went to Short Dog's house, they was watchin Yo! MTV Raps
    What's the haps on the craps
    Shake em up, shake em up, shake em up, shake em
    Roll em in a circle of niggaz and watch me break em
    With the seven, seven-eleven, seven-eleven
    Seven even back do lil Joe
    I picked up the cash flow
    Then we played bones, and I'm yellin domino
    And now i am yelling dominoes
    Plus nobody I know got killed in South Central L.A.
    Today was a good day

Left my niggaz house paid
    Picked up a girl been tryin to fuck since the twelve grade
    It's ironic, I had the brew she had the chronic
    The Lakers beat the Supersonics
    I felt on the big fat fanny
    Pulled out the jammy, and killed the punanny
    And my dick runs deep so deep so deep
    Put her ass to sleep
    Woke her up around one
    She didn't hesitate, to call Ice Cube the top gun
    Drove her to the pad and I'm coasting
    Took another sip of the potion hit the three-wheel motion
    I was glad everything had worked out
    Dropped her ass off, then I chirped out
    Today was like one of those fly dreams
    Didn't even see a berry flashing those high beams
    No helicopter looking for a murder
    Two in the morning got the fat burger
    Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
    And it read Ice Cube's a pimp
    Drunk as hell but no throwing up
    Half way home and my pager still blowing up
    Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
    I got to say it was a good day.

Hey wait, wait a minute fool
    Stop the shit
    What the fuck am I thinking about?

bozo said:
      March 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM

will the family of the bride and groom come to the dance floor at this time !

BBG079 said:
    March 8, 2013 at 8:50 AM

BBG 079 BITCH FUCK KILLAWARD
    FREE DA GUYS

John said:
    March 8, 2013 at 9:48 AM

"They are very loving boys…Very respectful…Prays twice a days…They can't hurt a fly!.."

bozo said:
      March 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I'll bet that they are honor students too !!!

Tired of Morons said:
    March 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Amazing, more chimps doing what they do best. And save your racist screaming bullshit for another day. If they weren't doing it everyday multiple times a day there would be nothing to say. So deal with it.

Tired of Morons said:
    March 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Don't get me wrong, though, I love sucking off young boys of any race.

Juan said:
    March 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM

dude…..

kirby1414 said:
    March 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

a couple more candidates for King Rahm's basketball program for troubled youth – - because we all know that a b'ball game will stop killing, shooting gangsters from killing and shooting – - RIGHT????

BBG079 said:
      March 8, 2013 at 8:56 PM

fuck basketball we gone bball da ward free da guys free boonie moe on stone GDK fuck killaward

bozo said:
    March 8, 2013 at 11:46 AM

How could two intelligent looking persons do such a savage thing?

BBG079 said:
    March 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM

BBG 079 BITCH FUCK KILLAWARD

BBG079 said:
    March 8, 2013 at 8:49 PM

free jasmine simmons huby

BBG079 said:
    March 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM

bitch they bbg they anit shoot da school they shot keef a bullet went in side da window doe on stone we savage cum on damen bitch we out here GDK fuck killaward we gone drop dey ass