Blackhawks Game Notes For Wednesday vs. Colorado
* Colorado lost, 2-1, in Detroit last night and has now dropped six road tilts in a row (0-3-3 record). The Avs have gone a season-high tying four consecutive games without a power-play goal (0-for-10 during streak).
* Chicago beat Minnesota, 5-3, last night and is now 23-0-6 in its last 29 regular-season games. The Blackhawks are averaging 3.13 goals per game in 2012-13 – second highest in the Western Conference (Ducks – 3.38).
* This is the first meeting of the season between these clubs. Including three straight wins, Colorado has defeated Chicago six of the last eight times the two teams have played (dating to the beginning of 2010-11).
* P.A. Parenteau had a helper last night, giving him four points (1g, 3a) during his current 3-game scoring streak and 19 points overall in 2012-13 – tied with Matt Duchene for the team lead. Parenteau has a goal and two assists in his last two skates vs. Chicago.
* Bryan Bickell lit the lamp twice in last night’s win, garnering first-star accolades for his performance. Bickell now has three markers in his last three skates after scoring just twice in his first 20 games of 2012-13.
* Colorado is 1-0-1 in the second of back-to-back games in 2012-13 – tied for fourth best in the NHL. Chicago is a league-best 5-0-0 in the second of back-to-back tilts this season.