Autopsy: ‘Multiple stab wounds’ killed Elgin woman

The preliminary cause of death for a woman who was found unresponsive inside of her Elgin home is “multiple stab wounds,” according to a Kane County Morgue autopsy.

Lisa Koziol-Ellis was found dead Saturday inside her town home on Garden Crescent Court, just days before her 34th birthday.

Her death was ruled a homicide, but the details surrounding her death were unknown until the autopsy was conducted Tuesday.

Lisa and her husband had just moved last week to 1 Garden Crescent Court in Elgin. Police say he returned home from work and found her dead.

Autopsy today on murdered Elgin woman

Elgin Police Commander Glenn Theriault said her husband “Called 911 immediately and has been fully cooperating since then to help us try to figure out what happened here.”

State police are assisting in the investigation, bringing in special equipment to collect forensic evidence at the scene.

Elgin police say they have not determined if this case was targeted or random.

No suspects are in custody.

34 Comments to “Autopsy: ‘Multiple stab wounds’ killed Elgin woman”

R.I.P. Lisa <3 said:
    March 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I'm so sorry Lisa <3 No one deserves such a violent death, and you had so much to look forward to. Rest in Peace, Love <3

theend said:
    March 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I knew her briefly. She did have enemies due to her making fake social profilrs of people to emailing them to blogging about people. She probably ran her mouth and someone got pissed. the end

JP Soule said:
      March 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Hey, theend. Where were you Friday night/Saturday morning? Maybe WGN should release your email address to the Elgin police so they can ascertain your whereabouts on the night in question. You know so much about her "enemies", maybe the investigators should have a conversation with you.

Enigma said:
        March 5, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Wtf is wrong with you theend?! Are you insane or just a moronic idiot who's running their mouth? I am with JP Soule when they say that "WGN should release your e-mail address to the elgin police department"

Furthermore, if you "know so much" why don't you do something constructive instead of being a complete piece of shit & actually aid the police in their investigation with some leads! Unless of course you yourself are a plausible suspect!

What kind of human filth are you, to say something so horrible? Do you have any honor or morals at all?

not the end said:
        March 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I know exactly who "theend" is. Her name is Andrea and calling her human filth doesn't even begin to describe her black heart. Even in a person's tragic death she clings to her trivial facebook spats that ended half a decade ago.

Enigma said:
        March 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Wait, Andrea? As in the bitch that lives in South Carolina now? She used to bar-tend at EXIT?

not the end said:
        March 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM

No. She lives in Schaumburg now. She is prone to holding petty grudges, and the one she has held with Lisa started over some stupid facebook crap. Lisa called her out when she was being a bitch to a friend and Andrea has despised her ever since. I know her very well and have no trouble spotting her disgusting attitude in the comment above.

Enigma said:
        March 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Absolutely ridiculous… I can't believe someone would be so petty & disgusting as to continue such unnecessary hate against someone who was so wonderful, especially after their passing.

R.I.P. Lisa <3 said:
    March 4, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Even if she did; does that constitute murder? What a heartless statement.

Missing Lisa said:
    March 4, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Yo theend, you should have stopped talking after "I knew her briefly". You don't know about her "enemies" or anything else. Seems like you need to get your head out of your ass before you get on here and talk about something you know nothing about.

responding to theend said:
    March 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM

theend
    are you Lisa's murderer…

JP Soule said:
      March 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Agreed. The police have been notified of theend's comments.

christone030 said:
    March 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

responding to theend. very foolish comment. if you are not involved you certainly look like it now. I have no doubt that the responsible party or parties will receive their just due. you can hide from the law but never from God. He is merciful AND just.

Harry said:
    March 4, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I hope the State doesn't start taking knives away from it's citizens.

Devi said:
    March 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM

All you need to do to make enemies is live in Elgin. Lots of people talk bull for entertainment, and if you're a nice person, some idiots tend to give you hell and try to bring you down. Some of Elgin are not great places for good people to be left alone. I lived there for a while, and many "friends" tried to hurt me as well, or lied to get others to hurt me. If she had enemies in Elgin that she didn't know long, I guarantee it's because she was a great person. I've personally seen "Elginites" threaten people they don't even know with weapons, and vow to corrupt whatever innocence they come across. I am not saying everyone in Elgin is like this, there are some decent folk there. I'm just saying what I personally experienced from the community during my residence there. Lord knows, I moved away as soon as I could.

John said:
      March 4, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Devi, I have lived in Elgin for 15 years and not once have I experienced or noticed anything you just described.

John said:
        March 4, 2013 at 7:46 PM

In fact I live a block away from where she was murdered.

Harry said:
      March 4, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I don't know what kind of gun laws Elgin has, but if she had a fire arm she might be alive today.

Enigma said:
      March 5, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Devi, you're full of shit. I have lived in Elgin for over 16yrs & in the city for a yr. You know nothing of this area, maybe it's a good reason a person like yourself moved away since you seemed to run with such rift raft.

R.I.P. Lisa <3 said:
      March 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I've lived in Elgin for 23+ years, and currently live just a few blocks down from where this tragedy took place. This didn't happen in a "bad" area, and I have NEVER had an issue anywhere in Elgin (I used to live on the East side).

Jessica said:
      March 6, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Yeah…I have lived in Elgin my whole life…never once had a problem with anything you are mentioning. The area in question is NOT a bad area, but they have converted some of the buildings to section 8 housing…I would live in Elgin for the rest of my life without being afraid. Idiots are everywhere…so is cruelty, malice, criminals, and bottom feeders.

Rest in Peace said:
    March 4, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Prayers to Lisa's family and friends…so very sorry for your loss.

zeejk said:
    March 5, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Stabbed with a tatoo needle?

Someone who knew her said:
      March 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Have some respect. What a horrible thing to say.

Enigma said:
      March 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Wtf is wring with you? Are you truly such a pile of human excrement that you say such things? Fucking ignorant pig…

ANON said:
    March 5, 2013 at 9:44 AM

lol at everyone freaking out about "theends" post
    immediately dismissing something YOU YOURSELF probably have NO REAL IDEA about
    for all we know "theend" might be right but just cause you dont like what youre hearing, youre going to discredit him?

and for the people trying to make this about guns, if she had one it probably wouldn't of helped considering it sounds like she knew the person who killed her since the police havent released any details about forced entry or burglary being a motive and traditionally murders are committed because of the 4Ls (love, lust, lucre, and loathing) multiple stabbing deaths more often are because of love or lust.

Enigma said:
      March 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM

ANON, why are you even here? You obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about & are pulling random shit out of your ass. Why don't you join the rest of the ignorant pieces of shit or better yet the suspect list?

Keep your negative, crazed, & bullshit opinions to yourself.

A friend said:
    March 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Lisa had NO enemies. I am a very close friend of hers. The fact that some of you people are so heartless and rude is disgusting. If you had the chance to even have one conversation with her, you’d instantly fall in love. She was the best friend that everyone wishes for. She has done nothing wrong, she did not deserve this, and her incredible husband did NOT deserve this. Now please, stop joking, stop blaming her, stop talking about someone you didn’t even know. You have no idea how broken we are over this tragic event, How much we miss her every second of every day, you have no idea!! No idea how much this hurts.

Andrea said:
    March 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM

"Na kolana i dac mi glowe" polish words in memory of Lisa Koziol. A true woman, artist, and friend.

Gastqvalta said:
    March 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Sadly I an reading words of utter ignorance. Enemies, tattoos, alternitive lifestyles… All of this things do not constitute cold blooded murder.

Rest well beautiful Lisa.

a mother said:
    March 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM

shame on some of you .. the only thing that should be posted here is love and prayers for her family and friends. Rest in Peace

Otherside said:
    March 7, 2013 at 11:51 PM

You don't have to have known enemies but you can have secret enemies – those you are quietly jealous as this girl seems like a lovely girl who was creative and doing things she loved. Or she could of had a stalker or this could have been random. In any case, this is horrible that this happen and everyone should send out positive thoughts that who ever did this WILL be caught! Love and light to Lisa, her family and friends.

Steve Bennett said:
    March 17, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Ignorant troll with no life. Got nothing better to do but talk shit behind a screen. Lisa was a beautiful person. Yes she had enemies. Any person that has that much control of her own body, life, freedom etc will. People who are repressed, lived close minded lifestyles always hate those that are truly free. One thing I can say about Lisa is you ignorant people never got to her! She LIVED life, loved life and was loved by many self included. No stupid comment you say can take even a speck of light away from the bright life Lisa had. Even in death she will be loved and remembered more then you will in life. Continue your hate. We don't care. Your pathetic. Posting mean things under an anonymous name. Must make you feel powerful punching those keys!!!!

Love you Lisa. Thank you for always being the one I had to talk to about anything. Having my back in every situation. Being a true friend, a loving wife to Dash. Even though your life was cut short. It was anything but short of living!

Steve Bennett

Fernando said:
    March 18, 2013 at 12:09 AM

youre great add me to your list of satisfied readers – Rockland County Computer Repair