Leshock Value

Jiff: Local Pomeranian dog becomes online sensation

I’m about to go live at the Chicago Auto Show. Moments before I hit the air, a guy comes up to me and hands me a card he was given on the other end of McCormick Place.

“You HAVE to see this dog!”

That’s how I learned about Jiff, a three year-old Pomeranian in north suburban Grayslake. He has a Facebook page with more than 105,000 fans – each photo posts attracts thousands of “likes” and hundreds of “I WANT TO SQUEEZE YOU NOW” comments. Or something along those lines.

We went to see Jiff’s cuteness in action on his third birthday and put together a story. While his popularity isn’t quite up to Boo standards (he’s a fellow Pom with more than 6 MILLION fans), Jiff is on the rise. His owners tell me he’s currently racking up about 1,000 new fans per day.

Check out PHOTOS of Jiff’s trip to WGN-TV.

And don’t forget to give Jiff’s Facebook Page a “like” at Facebook.com/JiffPom.

10 Comments to “Jiff: Local Pomeranian dog becomes online sensation”

Krista lowe said:
    February 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I love that dog! Thanks for showing him, and giving me a smile on this grey damp day :-)

Marcus Leshock responded:
    February 27, 2013 at 6:19 PM

No problem Krista! He's amazing. The video will be posted here soon…feel free to share!

Joyce said:
    February 27, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed your news segment on "Jiff" the dog. He was so adorable to watch on your show.

Laci said:
    February 28, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Jiff's cuter than Boo. Boo blew up because Kim Kardashian mentioned him on TV. What makes Boo cute is his teddy bear haircut, but if you look at his face and imagine him with the standard poofy pom hair, you'll realize most poms have cuter faces. Just the truth. :-) I know. I'm a pom owner. Have been around a lot of poms. Most are cuter than Boo.

Marcus Leshock responded:
      February 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I think they're both pretty cute dogs. All of this is subjective, right? Isn't there enough room in the world for two cute online sensation dogs?

Laci said:
        March 2, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Of course! But…. Jiff's cuter. xD

Marcus Leshock responded:
    February 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Thanks Joyce!

edward r murrow said:
    February 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I used this report in my first journalism paper to help showcase the sorry state that local news reporting is in. Everything about this reporter is a joke