1 killed, 2 hospitalized after car hits pole in South Chicago

One person was killed when a car crashed into a pole in South Chicago.

Firefighters were called because three people were pinned inside.

One person died at the scene.

Two others are hospitalized in serious-to-critical condition.

Slippery road conditions may have played a role in the accident.

24 Comments to “1 killed, 2 hospitalized after car hits pole in South Chicago”

John said:
    February 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM

If the driver was doin 30mph or below, he/she wouldn't lose control of the vehicle. Speeding on icy roads could cause lives.

Alyssa said:
    February 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Nice comment jackass. Someone is dead!

ALL YALL HATERS said:
    February 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM

IM SOOO TIRED OF JOHN STFU WITH ALL UR STUPID ASS COMMENTS U IS A DUMB FUCK WHAT IF THAT WAS U OR SOMEBODY IN UR FAMILY WOULD U WANT SOMEBODY TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO U KARMA IS A MF

laure said:
    February 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM

My cousins were in that accident! One is gone forever may she rest in peace and the other is waiting to be taken into surgery she has two broken legs. Please please please do not drive in bad weather!

laure said:
    February 27, 2013 at 4:22 PM

We love you Marcy and Mica

titi anita said:
    February 27, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Though that may be true John, noone is perfect we are all human beings and we make mistakes in life I'm glad you think your so perfect. Keep that attitude you must be ignorant. I'm glad you think U R God!

hf th hv :-) kk said:
    February 27, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Rip Marcy we Miss u ma

Anonymous said:
    February 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Poor girl who died. They were drunk/under the influence and a life was lost. Not fair. I know Marcy had kids and Bianca had a kid too, had they stayed home maybe things would’ve been different. People need to start being more responsible adults.

Anonymous said:
    February 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Accidents happen to responsible adults too!!! Mr or Mrs anonymous!!!!!!!

Anonymous said:
    February 27, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Yes, but this tragic incident just didn’t happen out of the blue. They werent sober, and still chose to drive like that. I’m pretty sure we all know that when you drive drunk and or high, and speeding you run a risk of getting into an car accident. Therefore this wasn’t your average “accident “. That’s why I stand by my statement of people needing to be more responsible, especially when you have kids. Luckily these girls didn’t injure or take any innocent bystanders’ lives as well, that would’ve been more heartbreaking.

Meeeeeeeeee said:
      February 28, 2013 at 11:02 PM

How do you know???? Please tell me how do you know????????

ANONYMOUS said:
    February 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM

WHEN ITS YOUR FAMILY DUMB ASS I WANT YOU TO SAY THAT YOU DONT KNOW WHAT WERE GOING THREW RIGHT NOW. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKE N THINGS HAPPEN NO ONE IS PERFECT EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T DRUNK SHIT HAPPENS TO PEOPLE EVERYWHERE DRUNK OR NOT. AND YOU SAY THEY NEED TO B MORE RESPONSIBLE???? THE ACCIDENT DID HAPPEN OUT OF THE BLUE YOU THINK THEY RAN INTO THE POLE ON PURPOSE. PLEASE JUST LEAVE IT ALONE ALREADY. MY FAMILY'S GOING THREW ENOUGH WE DON'T NEED IGNORANT PEOPLE TALKING CRAP ABOUT IT NO ONES PERFECT

RESPONSIBLE PERSON said:
    February 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM

dumbass drunks not careing for anything or any one think about the kids n what there going threw

Meeeeeeeeeee said:
      February 28, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Wow

Meeeeeeeeeeee said:
    February 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Asshole

Melissa Guerrero said:
    February 28, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Ima Miss You Marcy! <3 To You People Talking Stuff About My Cousin.. You are a very heartless person . do you know what my family is going through right now ? if you don't have anything nice too say then dont say a word. ..

Anonymous said:
    March 1, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I repeat, once they got into the car they knew they ran a risk of possibly getting into an accident because they were intoxicated. Hence the slogan, “Drink and drive you lose”. I know because it was in the a.m. they were out partying, besides who just decides to speed for no reason with shitty weather, exactly. I feel for the families to a certain extent, but in all actuality they knew the risk they were taking, and let’s be honest, the poor kids weren’t thought of at the end of the day. That’s why these young women with kids need to act more responsibly and leave that crazy party life alone. What’s worse is that the 22 year old driving caused it and she walked away with her life and legs in tact, while one passed away and the other lost her legs. R.I.P to that poor girl and may God be with the one who now has a challenging life ahead. For the driver, I hope you can live with yourself and poor deciding making.

laure said:
      March 1, 2013 at 6:58 AM

You do not know who was driving so stop it already! Wtf

J.R. said:
      March 1, 2013 at 12:10 PM

ur phuken pathetic dawg, do u just go on ppls accidents and comment about how they were in the wrong ? are u tellin me that u never drank a lil and drove home ever in your life ? or r u just saying that ur ignorant and not concerned with how ur messages are makin the kids of these poor woman feel about their mothers ? or their little cousins, sisters, mothers, or fathers feel ? u make me sick bro, if i was YOUR father i would smack you so hard your grandfather would turn in his grave, pig ! everyone has made mistakes, no one deserves to go like this…R.I.P. death has to b easy becuz life is hard. she isin a better place now. and only the good die young so i kno there is a place in heavan for her

Anonymous said:
    March 1, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Decision making I meant.

anonymos said:
    March 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM

does anyone know where the news footage on this poor accident can be found?

Anonymous said:
    March 1, 2013 at 4:17 PM

No, I don’t drive drunk for this exact reason. And when I have kids I’ll make sure my decisions reflect their well being. No one is perfect, and accidents do happen, but it’s just sad to see things like this happening because with proper precautions taken and better decision making it can make all the difference. It’s all a part of being an adult and having to take responsibility for ones actions. God be with them and may this be a lesson to the rest of the youth today.

Melissa Guerrero said:
    March 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Like i said! if you dont have nothing nice too say dont say it!

Icyyy Hott said: