Blackhawks Game Notes For Monday vs. Edmonton
* Edmonton defeated Phoenix, 3-2, in a shootout on Saturday, snapping its 2-game losing streak in the process. Including a 43-shot performance vs. the Coyotes, the Oilers are averaging 37.8 SOG per game in their last four skates (26.9 SOG per game in first 13 games of season).
* Chicago beat Columbus, 1-0, last night, extending its NHL record to 18 straight games to begin a season with at least one point. The Blackhawks are allowing just 1.78 goals per game in 2012-13 – lowest of any team in the league.
* This is the first of three 2012-13 meetings between the Oilers and Blackhawks. Chicago has defeated Edmonton three straight times by a combined score of 21-9.
* Jordan Eberle lit the lamp in Saturday’s win, giving him six markers overall in 2012-13 – second most of any Oiler (Ales Hemsky – 7). Eberle had 12 points (3g, 9a) vs. Chicago last season – most of any player in the NHL (Taylor Hall was second with 10 points).
* Johnny Oduya assisted on Andrew Shaw’s game-winning goal on Sunday and now has one helper in four straight games overall. Oduya has never recorded a point in five consecutive NHL skates.
* Chicago is 3-0-0 in the second of back-to-back games this season – second best in the league (Anaheim – 4-0-0). The Blackhawks have 12 wins in the second of back-to-back tilts since the beginning of 2011-12 – most of any Western Conference club.