Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years in prison

A judge has sentenced Drew Peterson to 38 years in prison for the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Peterson, 59, was convicted last fall of murdering Savio in 2004.

Drew Peterson to get sentenced or retrialJudge Burmila denied his request for a retrial early Thursday afternoon, and went straight into the sentencing hearing.

During his sentencing, Peterson was given the chance to speak.

He started off by saying, “Good day, my name is Drew Peterson, I hope I don’t aggravate the situation.” Then he screamed, “I did not kill Kathleen!”

A family member of Savio’s yelled back, “Yes you did!” The family member was removed from the courtroom by the judge.

Peterson apologized to the judge by saying he must have been whoozy, he complained that the state police set him up. Judge Burmila warned him against any more outburst.

Peterson then said, “I loved Kathy(Savio), she was a good mom, she kept a nice home , she did not deserve to die. She had an accident.”

At the end of his speech, Drew Peterson looked directly at Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow and said, “Never forget my face. I don’t deserve this.

Peterson is also a suspect in the 2007 disappearance of Stacy Peterson, his fourth wife.

He has not been charged in that case.

28 Comments to “Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years in prison”

Oscar Meyer said:
    February 21, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Yes! I hope he gets it up the rectum on a daily basis from a guy with a name like "Bald Headed John"!

Balded Head Bob said:
      February 21, 2013 at 4:54 PM

NO! He's my bitch!

Zappa Fan said:
      February 21, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Great quote! Joe's Garage/Zappa rules bro!

JLHGC said:
    February 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Peterson's outburst shows his volatility, and seals the deal. Guilty, smug, and deserving of this sentence.

bozo said:
    February 21, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Wow !
    The "squinty eyed killer" Peterson is going to jail for life and Jesse Jr. admits he's a felon all in one week!

Life is Good !

Kay Hensin said:
    February 21, 2013 at 3:53 PM

If he was going to whack somebody he, as a veteran cop, should have kept his cool, used his experiences, and did so in a more inobvious manner. But then again when one kills over hate and money they aren't thinking too smartly.

Ghf said:
    February 21, 2013 at 4:02 PM

59 + 38 ?? That's not old, if you're a tortoise or a whale! You know his fellow inmates are just gonna LOVE a former policeman. I hope they show him a whole bunch of true love!!

Steve said:
    February 21, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Yes! It's about time! I knew the defense is using the ruse to keep Peterson out of prison. Nice try sunglasses clowns. We, the people of Illinois, are sick and tired of the rouge cop attempts to keep himself out of prison. Peterson murdered his wife, did things to keep himself out of prison by covering up and used the defense is the act of coward.

lovetexmex said:
    February 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Wow! Without a shred of evidence.. Sad day for the legal system!

Tired of Morons said:
      February 21, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Yeah, no evidence besides all his other dead previous wives. You're right though, I am sure this will be included in future editions of U.S. History class textbooks known as "Sad Thursday". It's so sad. Not!

Bigtop said:
      February 21, 2013 at 4:49 PM

If multiple forensic pathologists stating that there was no way her death was accidental doesn't count as "evidence," then nothing does.

step off said:
      February 21, 2013 at 4:50 PM

unless you are a family member of either of his late wives.

Julius Harris said:
      February 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM

He got railroaded. He didnt do it. Illinkjs su,k!

Rolo said:
    February 21, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Criminals! Come to Illinois! Doesn't matter what side of the law your on. Be it Congressman, President, Governor, cop, gangbanger, They're all the same in our eyes (and jails) They just haven't caught up to the president yet or he'd be joining all of them

kid1339 said:
    February 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I think the big O has left the country .

Your Momma Lover said:
      February 21, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Quit talking about your mother!

Julius Harris said:
    February 21, 2013 at 5:28 PM

No justic in ill. I guess alot more will go to jail with the hearsay law

christa tenner said:
    February 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM

until I looked at the paycheck of $7427, I did not believe that my brother was realy earning money parttime from there labtop.. there friend brother has done this for under twenty three months and at present cleard the loans on there cottage and got a great Chevrolet Corvette. go to……….. BIT40.ℂOℳ

Henry said:
      March 5, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Take some the money you made (wink wink) and take a spelling class. Better yet, an English and grammar class!!!

Street Fightin' Man said:
    February 21, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Finally!
    Karma has wiped that smirk off of his face!
    DON'T DROP THE SOAP!

bobhamiltonchicago said:
    February 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM

So Drew Peterson is going to be sodomized on a regular basis… they can see right thru him in jail. They can read his insecurities and obvious weakness about his masculinity as a cover for his latent homosexuality. They will help him work through all of those feelings in about one therapy session. His new name will likely be Vicky the vacuum, but in time, he will get used to it, and may even prefer that treatment.

Ken Jenhom said:
    February 21, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Hey bob go back to the bar son. DP is an a-hole but his latest two ex- wives were no angels either. Have any of you idiots thought about why DP's first 2 wives are alive and well??? Oh by the way, he will not be going to a hard-core prison. Ex cops do have some clout.

Ty Keller said:
    February 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I was in the Media Room when he took the stand. The room got real quiet as everyone was getting ready to type on their laptops, hands poised, complete silence, then out of nowhere "I did not kill Kathleen!" To which a female voice was heard saying "Yes you did." There was a brief pause and after the shock wore off, reporters were typing as fast as they could, phone calls were being placed to the outside, detailing the first words of DP's long awaited opening statement. After about 35 minutes of listening to him cry about being mis- treated and noting all his civil rights being violated and how due process was not followed in his case and hoe the ISP railroaded his case. He was finally sentenced and the whole thing was over.

Heather from NY said:
    February 25, 2013 at 2:07 PM

FINALLY Justice is served for 'poor 'Drew the shrew….its about time!!!! I guess its proof that revenge is best served cold….Kathleen finally got him for what he arrogantly thought he could get away with….her death. There is a God……R.I.P. DREW!!! and DONT BEND OVER FOR THAT SOAP, HONEY!!!

Apps Radio Streaming Player said:
    February 26, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Useful info. Fortunate me I found your site unintentionally, and I’m shocked why this twist of fate didn’t took place in advance! I bookmarked it.