Jesse Jackson Jr. pleads guilty to federal corruption

Disgraced former Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr. pleaded guilty today to misusing hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign cash.

Jackson arrived at federal court in Washington, D.C. this morning.

During the hearing, an emotional Jackson admitted to spending $750,000 in campaign cash on luxury items.

CT jesse-jackson09.jpg

Jesse Jackson Jr. arrives at U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C. Photo credit: Brian Cassella, Chicago Tribune

He could face up to five years in prison.

His wife, former Chicago Alderman Sandi Jackson will be in court later this afternoon to plead guilty to filing false tax returns.

WGN and CLTV will have live continuing coverage of the events in Washington throughout the day.

At 4 p.m. Chicago time, federal prosecutors will hold a news conference to discuss the Jackson investigation.

Download the official court documents:

Jesse L. Jackson Jr. – Stamped Statement of Offense

Jesse L. Jackson, Jr. – Stamped Plea Agreement

19 Comments to “Jesse Jackson Jr. pleads guilty to federal corruption”

Marcia said:
    February 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Bet the dynamic duo will get off with a slap on the hand. Makes me sick.

jeff said:
    February 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM

well no lie there

spe said:
    February 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM

What a damn shame! the both of are disgusting!!!!!!!

spe said:
    February 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM

What a damn Shame! The both of them are disgusting!!!!!!
    Oops sorry for leaving out "THEM"!

Jonathan said:
    February 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Wow, we get it alreadY! We kind of saw it right now?? Were you not paying attention?? He may serve time with Blagoyavich, become Cell Buddies! Ryan is out so too late for that! A friend of mine got three years in prison for drunk driving!!! THREE YEARS!! Not from crashing his car! Simply pulled over for swerving. Wow, and yet killers go free with only a 1 year sentence, or probation! That makes sense! Chicago is quickly becoming the most crime ridden city in the USA, making LA seem like the place to move to! You can't trust the cops anymore, or the fireman who rip ya off after they save you! I was once falsley Arrested for a DUI, cost me alot for a lawyer to prove it, did I get any money for MY suffering and law fees? Hell no! Watch, his wife will get probation.

dont even bother said:
    February 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM

SR.JR.AND WIFE AINT SHIT JUST MAKE IT LOOK BAD FOR THE PPL WHO DO TRY TO HELP.MONEY HUNGRY ASS.HE IS TAKING FROM CAMPAIGN POPS TAKING FROM RAINBOW PUSH AND WIFE FILING BOGUS TAXES.ALL THREE OF YALL NEED TO GO TO JAIL BUT WE NO YALL NOT CAUSE SR.NO EVERYBODY WE LIVING N A F***ED UP WORLD

dont even bother said:
    February 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Y EVERYTIME BLACK PPL GET A LIL POWER AND DEALING WITH MONEY THEY ALWAYS FINDING OUT A WAY OF PUTTING SOME N THEY POCKET.THEY NEVER GIVE BACK TO THE POOR OR TO THE COMMUNITY THATS Y THEY ALWAYS GET CAUGHT GOD DONT LIKE UGLY IT IS TOOOO MANY HOMELESS PPL N CHICAGO AND U SPENT 750,000 ON NOTHING GO TO JAIL AND STAY IN THERE IN TIL U THINK ABOUT THE DUMB MISTAKES THAT U AND UR FAMILY
    MADE

Will said:
    February 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM

This dummy spent almost 1 million dollars on garbage…..bwahahahahahaahahahahahaah!!!!!!

kid1339 said:
    February 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I wonder where JR.s white honkie girl friend is , being he is broke.

jeff said:
    February 20, 2013 at 3:27 PM

in english what he said ] run dmc and it goes like this :::::{sandi jackson going to prison } jesse jr hes a weepin' daddy jj he's got no say

Todd Pardee said:
    February 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Time will be easy for such a pretty boy!

kirby1414 said:
    February 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM

These are tears of 'oh f**k I got caught '- – and I had SOOOOOO much fun being a poser and shopping…and of course I don't have any kind of bi-polar disorder…The only 'DISORDER' i have – is that I'm a crook! And my Dad is a crook! HOLY CRAP: I COME FROM A FAMILY OF CROOKS!!!!

wisconsinite said:
    February 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM

jr. is a first rate, second rate citizen. you guys in Chicago really know how to elect the best and the brightest

Nice Burberry Bags Sale Online said:
    March 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I had been so pleased when I finally received Nice Burberry Bags Sale Online! I’m however really pleased with my Nice Burberry Bags Sale Online :)