Unattended candle cause of Lincoln Park condo fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

An unattended burning candle caused a fire that gutted a Lincoln Park condo Monday night.

Chicago firefighters had the fire out quickly after arriving at 428 W. Demming Place.

The owner of the third floor unit told investigators she left the candle burning in the living room while cooking dinner in the kitchen.

She was alerted to the fire when the smoke alarm sounded, the living room was already engulfed in flames, she told firefighters.

The fire was contained to the unit.  Other units did get smoke damage.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s