Lunchbreak: Bar Pastoral Gnudi
2947 N. Broadway
2 cups ricotta (try to get a drier ricotta)
2 egg yolks
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
Zest of 1 lemon
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt and black pepper to taste
Semolina flour (for coating)
4 oz butter
½ cup water
1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Using a teaspoon, begin scooping ricotta mixture onto semolina.
3. Making sure the gnudi are covered in semolina (and sitting on
semolina), cover them and let them sit overnight.
4. Turn them a few hours before cooking.
5. In a simmering pot of water add the gnudi. Take out gently after
about 1.5 minutes. Place into pan with butter, water and whatever you
want to accompany the gnudi!
6. Top with delicious cheese. Chef Chrissy is partial to Parmigiano Reggiano, an aged goat cheese or an Alpine style cheese.