National and World News

Executive fired, charged with slapping toddler on plane

A corporate executive from Idaho has been charged with assault and fired from his job after an incident on a flight from Minneapolis to Atlanta. toddlerslappedonplane

It started when a toddler’s ears started popping and he started crying.

Federal prosecutors say 60-year-old Joe Hundley told the child’s mother to shut the boy up; he used a racial slur twice, then slapped the boy hard enough to make him bleed.

The mother, Jessica Bennett, says Hundley had been drinking.

For his part, Hundley says  he was distraught over as hospitalized relative.

He was president of Unitech Composites and Structures until he was released after the incident.

The company called the alleged behavior offensive and disturbing.

21 Comments to “Executive fired, charged with slapping toddler on plane”

Todd Pardee said:
    February 18, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Such a cute Lil baby!

Whoa said:
    February 18, 2013 at 8:15 AM

What the heck is the matter with people?

kirby1414 said:
      February 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I think that people have just lost the 'human' side of life. My Mom always said that if you live by the 10 commandments – it's a good way to live your life. And – if you think about it – it really is!
      ALSO: Look at reality shows: People that are overweight are made fun of, folks having their cars repo'd are made fun of – - Making fun of people – Not feeling their pain – it's what our society has become. Very, very sad. *** Remember the 10 commandments! Mom was right!! ****

Whoa said:
        February 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Good idea, if you are a Christian or Jewish, but I am a Buddhist. However, the Buddha teaches us similar values through the Eightfold Path.

Tom said:
    February 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM

The old fart looks like a Nazi.

Dan said:
    February 18, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I probably would have been arrested for beating the shit out of this man. Clearly something is wrong with him.

kirby1414 said:
    February 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Anyone think that people like him – a CEO – feel entitled – always in charge -expects to get his own way – no matter at who's expense! As good as it is that he got fired – I'm sure he's old enough to retire, and will till walk away with $$$$.
    Adorable baby!!!

kirby1414 said:
    February 18, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I just happened to think: I wonder what he was like to work for?????? Y I K E S ! ! !

Carl F Rollberg said:
    February 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM

He deserves to be punished and I would hope the mother would sue him, but there must be underlying causes for him to get fired. I'm insulted that one commentator said "He looks like a Nazi." I am of German descent. I didn't know there was anyone in the world who could identify a Nazi just by looks alone.

Eddie said:
      February 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I'm strictly guessing but I'm thinking he was fired because he may have been traveling for business purposes, thus he was representing his company at the time.

John said:
        February 18, 2013 at 6:02 PM

If you are not one, there's no reason to be offended. Its part of German history and it will never be erased in people's minds.

MrCrabs said:
    February 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Smoking is banned from airports and planes. How 'bout getting rid of alcohol sales? You don't need to drink before getting on a plane or while on a plane. The only person who "needs" to drink has an alcohol addiction. If you self-medicate with alcohol just so you can deal with flying, take a train or bus. Or, don't go at all. How many times have we read stories about drunk passengers causing issues on planes? Each time the individual give some lame rationalization. This time he was "distraught over a hospitalized relative". So we are suppose to respond with "Oh. Well, that's different. Go on your way and have a nice day." Really?

Stoner Dude said:
      February 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM

So true, Mr.Crabs. I think people need to realize that alcohol is a drug. I often hear phrases like "drugs or alcohol" as if alcohol is somehow different. I guess the only difference is that it is legal, but that is no real reason to be forgiven from being too high. Plus, you can die from an overdose on it, and it causes crazy violent behavior. This story says all there is to say about its ability to make people violent. Legalize cannabis and you have happier people! Look at Washington state. I hear everything is going fine there.

kirby1414 said:
        February 18, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Agreed. Smokers are always criticized -but how many terrible things can be connected to liquor? I'm not saying smoking is OK – it just seems that alcohol causes bad behavior, car accients, etc. Should be some kind of crackdown…OH! Has there ever been a fatal accident triggered by smoking??

BarbMedic said:
    February 18, 2013 at 12:03 PM

the man probably has the begining stages of dementia. This could cause out of character and erradic behavior. Just my guess

sharong4 said:
    February 18, 2013 at 1:58 PM

If that had been my child, I would have beat the sh _ _ out of him and took my chances on going to jail. That was a baby. I wonder if he has any children. On top of that he made a racial slur. That alone called for a butt whipping. The world has gone Mad. A Black man would have been put off the plane, arrested,convicted and sent to jail for hitting a white child.

mz jones family1st said:
      February 18, 2013 at 3:57 PM

sharong4 say that again cause thats the truth i been looking at this all morning on the news and if that was a brother aint no telling what was going to happen to him but i really like that comment

PO with jerks said:
    February 18, 2013 at 3:13 PM

There would have been a stretcher to get him off the plane if that were my child..maybe even IF I were just on the plane- and I would have been applauded as I was taken to jail…Total insane over paid AH!! and I guess I look like a Nazi too..

mz jones family 1st said:
    February 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM

im sorry i would beat that man to blood ran up out of him just cause u a somebody n ur company dont mean u somebody everywhere u go he should b behind somebody bars doing some time call me what u want but life just not fair when it come to white and black rich and poor

John said:
    February 18, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Odl man, get ready for big time lawsuit! Your CEO rear-end is goin to be bankrupt.