Jackson family speaks out

There was a show of family support from outside Rainbow Push headquarters Saturday morning as Santita and Jonathan Jackson spoke briefly about their brother Jessie Jackson Junior.

“The gravity has affected our family and we felt the impact of so many people’s prayers and we’re appreciative of everyone who’s kept us in their prayers we’ll keep them in ours as well,” Jonathan said.

Jesse Jackson Jr. and Sandi Jackson

The former second district congressman is charged with using campaign funds for personal items including furs, a $4600 fedora, once owned by Michael Jackson and a $5,000 football signed by two U.S. presidents.

He faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.  His wife, former Chicago alderman Sandi Jackson, who resigned last month, also faces prison time and fines.  She is accused of understating the couple’s income on their tax returns for six years.

The patriarch of the family, Reverend Jesse Jackson, is in Washington DC this weekend, to be with his son, who the family says is still undergoing medical care.   Jesse Junior took leave from his congressional duties starting in June.   While at first keeping tight lipped about the reason– doctors finally said it was for bipolar disorder.  He resigned from congress just weeks after re-election in November, under a cloud of an ethics investigation.

“People remember all the great work that my brother has done.”

The Jackson family, long a powerhouse in Chicago and national politics, now says it will rally around Jesse Junior, who many saw, at one point, as a rising star in the Democratic Party.

“And as my brother Jonathan said we will stand with him until the end of time,” Santita said.

27 Comments to “Jackson family speaks out”

jqp said:
    February 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Another proud Ill-annoyed historical moment brought to us by the jackson crime family.
    Whoever the next felon in line for the second will have to compete against the notoriety of gus, mel, and bud lite jr.

kirby1414 said:
    February 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Better check their houses for some of the crap he bought with out using his own $$$. Too bad the brother or maybe JJJ Sr. can't wear the $4600 'fedora' – - – This family is a joke – - at the expense of the citizens of Illinois and those that are STUPID enough to follow JJJ Sr.!!!
    ANYONE THAT IS PRAYING FOR THIS FAMILY: You are a certified IDIOT!

namvet101st said:
      February 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Don't forget Oblamya from Chicago. You Chicagoans should so proud of your polilticians YOU VOTE into office over & over again. You get what you vote into office. NO sympathy here. I am completely baffled why anyone can be a LIBERAL or VOTE KKKrat, the KKK party
      I guess the JACKLEsons can't use the PUSH MONOchrome Coallition to shake down people & intimidate-terrorize them.

jesse sr said:
    February 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

oh who cares….now he'll get a cush job consulting

jesse sr said:
    February 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM

skank wife

John said:
    February 16, 2013 at 6:52 PM

What great work?…All the people will remember is this scandal!

namvet101st said:
      February 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM

The JACKLEsons did NOTHING GREAT. They got all their riches SHAKING DOWN people promoting RACISM. If it wan't for racism the JACKLEsons would be on welfaree

Linda said:
    February 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM

God bless you and yours, Good will prevail.

namvet101st said:
      February 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Not in the RACIST & BIGOTED JACKLEson family. I doubt if they are really Christian. I have never heard of them mention JESUS once only promoting RACISM & RIOTS.

Observer said:
    February 16, 2013 at 8:04 PM

You lie!

namvet101st said:
    February 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM

The RACIST & BIGOTED JACKLEson family. I doubt if they are really Christian. I have never heard of them mention JESUS once only promoting RACISM & RIOTS.

namvet101st said:
    February 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I'd like to put my size 12 boot up SANTITA'S RACIST SMUG ARROGANT SELF-RIGHTEOUS fat black as-
    The only blacks that make any sense are CONSERVATIVE. They aren't controlled by the KKKrats. They aren't a bunch of RACIST BAITING BIGOTS. CONSERVATIVE BLACKS understand what is wrong with the black community & LIBERAL blacks don't like it. LIBERAL BLACKS call CONSERVATIVE blacks UNCLE TOMS or that they are not real blacks & one racial slur after another.

retiredinaz1 said:
    February 16, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Lock up the dirt bag and his dirt bag wife as well! Hey Jesse, You must be so proud!! Ha Ha

kirby1414 said:
    February 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM

A new business for Illinois: THE POLITICAL JAIL – - We have plenty of current and I'm sure future politicians ready and able for lock-up…Let's make some $$$ for the cash-strapped (thank you for that-politicians -AGAIN) state of Illionois. We could have 'tours' -charge $$ for folks to come and watch these thugs clean dirty toilets, etc. There's a wealth of opportunity here people – - I'll be happy and proud to start the ball rolling…our first 'celebrity toilet cleaners' are the JACKSONS!!! Assisted by JJJ Sr. and ol' Rod Blago – - those 2 are always good for a laugh or two!

chicagorich said:
    February 17, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Can anyone list any GOOD WORKS that mutt boy jesse or $andy has done?????
    His 2nd congressional district is a joke and her ward is in disarray….no jobs, poor schools, crime, gang warfare, run down buildings…..I'm sure bruce lee memorabilia is much more important than his "constituents." No mercy…..lock both of them up for the max…5 years….if they are saying $750,000 is missing, u can add about another $1.5 mil that they didn't get caught for yet….thats why they are pleading "GUILTY!"

carolejjohnson said:
      February 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM

How about selling all the stuff that Jr. bought, sell it and give the money to the district that Sandy was representing. No more money for either of them. There should be no more Jackson's in any public office. Enough is enough. By the way, I moved from Illinois to Florida so I could have some peace until I die.

chicagorich said:
    February 17, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Jesse Sr operation push is next…..what a fraud…..just a platform for hate, racism…..you are that same as farrakhan……just as the feds shut him up over the last few years, your corrupt mouth with be silenced too….btw, how did your "outside baby's mama" get paid off to stay quiet????? was it operation push $$$$?????
    Hmmmm……the entire jackson family is an embarrassment

pagan69 said:
      February 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM

The Make Us Rich Foundation

Juan said:
    February 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I am praying for Jesse Jackson Jr.. I am praying He gets maximum sentence. He deserves it.

pagan69 said:
      February 17, 2013 at 9:11 AM

They steal from their own in the name of God and Righteousness.

yygg.. said:
    February 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Not surprised!!! so many more to come,,, more thought should be put on streets and alleys being cleaner and what these aldermen,,, ward superintendent of all chicago wards are doing besides getting a pay check!!!!…….

this is a test message said:
    February 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I much like the invaluable info you deliver as part of your posts.I’ll bookmark your web log and examine yet again here continually.I’m pretty convinced I’ll be taught lots of recent things best suited here! Good luck for that up coming!

guest said:
    February 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM

if I had some extra cash I would buy the VH guitar

bozo said:
    February 17, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Move over Kardashians!

This is reality TV at it's best!
    Jesse Jr. feeling the heat and hiding out at the Mayo Clinic.
    Jesse Sr. fathering children out of wedlock and shaking down foes.
    Sandi slowly morphing into Michael Jackson.

Pure entertainment !

Caligula said:
    February 17, 2013 at 2:57 PM

And you know what is sad? Those ignorant people down there will continue to vote people in like the Jacksons. Pathetic

Sadsack said:
    February 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Well the Jackson family hits a new low again…..Both the man and wife get jail time together heheheheheh….

Ya Jesse is in pray with his son……Hint look at the fine print …( You dumb N(&((&&) got caught and so did your dumb a*& wife….Bad I have to support 2 families…Now i gots this to take care of ) HEHEHEH I guess this SHI*&^( runs in the family heheheheheh later …I wonder if he will be playing cards iwth BLog in prison…heheheh

Mac said:
    July 18, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I truly love your blog.. Great colors & theme. Did you build this site yourself?

Please reply back as I’m trying to create my own personal website and would like to know where you got this from or just what the theme is called. Appreciate it!