Lt. Governor Sheila Simon says she will not run again

Democratic Lieutenant Governor Sheila Simon announced Wednesday she will not run again for next year.

Her decision would leave Governor Pat Quinn without a running mate.

Simon issued a statement saying:

“Serving as Lieutenant Governor has given me an opportunity to advocate on important issues that affect our state but it is time for me to do even more. I want to serve the people of Illinois in a role where I can have an even greater impact.”

Governor Quinn chose Simon in 2010 after Scott Lee Cohen won the Democratic primary and then withdrew following revelations about his past.

Simon is the daughter of the late U.S. Senator, Paul Simon.

8 Comments to “Lt. Governor Sheila Simon says she will not run again”

Tired of Morons said:
    February 13, 2013 at 10:57 AM

What's the matter? Trigger come up with a lame leg?

preturi produse said:
    February 13, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked
    submit my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not
    writing all that over again. Anyway, just
    wanted to say wonderful blog!

triathlon books said:
    February 13, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Good day! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be ok. I’m
    undoubtedly enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.

mike said:
    February 13, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Why don't she take OIDIOT with her

John said:
    February 13, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Quinn should not run again too.

Mary said:
    February 13, 2013 at 4:41 PM

would have been nice HEARING her talk.

Todd Pardee said:
    February 13, 2013 at 10:09 PM

She’s a bigger man than Quinn for sure!

Lea Tomassone said:
    March 2, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Glad she is going. She was to address how in suburban cook co. we have to have superintends for every school even if we have 600 children in each one. That money could go into classrooms. And save the taxpayers money.She just blew that off on July 1, 2012. She's a waste of taxpayers money just like ALL the superintends. lea Tomassone