Woman killed in gruesome incident on Bishop Ford

State police have identified a woman killed early Tuesday morning in a gruesome incident on the outbound Bishop Ford Expressway.

It began at 12:40 a.m.

jennifermitchellPolice say 27-year-old Jennifer Mitchell fell from a moving SUV and was struck by at least one semi truck and a car. Police are investigating whether or not Mitchell was pushed.

Her address is listed in the 9200 block of South Paxton in the Calumet Heights neighborhood on the Southeast Side.

Police chased the driver of a white Chevy Blazer, a 28-year-old man, onto the Tri-State Tollway.

He crashed the vehicle while exiting at 127th Street.

A person was taken into custody and transported to Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn for non life-threatening injuries.

He was treated and released into Blue Island police custody.

According to police, the person has been uncooperative.

No charges have been filed as of yet.

After a lengthy closure, all lanes of the Bishop Ford have re-opened.

17 Comments to “Woman killed in gruesome incident on Bishop Ford”

Brian Millersmith said:
    February 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM

"Uncooperative" and there's EVEN a question to whether she was pushed???

jeff said:
    February 12, 2013 at 4:02 PM

running makes you look good

Tired of the Morons said:
    February 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Another hood rat bites the dust.

boss said:
      February 12, 2013 at 7:39 PM

u a goofy u luck as hell i dont know u

That dude said:
      February 12, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I will murk you for saying that about her….Watch your mouth coward.

kamilah dew said:
      February 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM

dont fucking call my cousin a hood rat she was not she was a classy young lady who held her ground i dont like how you talkin bad about her those fightin words to me so watch your fucking mouth

KAMILAH DEW said:
      February 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM

you goofy as hell for sayin that she not A HOOD RAT YOU LUCKY I DONT FUCKIN KNO YOU CAUSE ILL BEAT YOUR ASS THATS MY DAMN COUSIN HOW IM FEELIN RIGHT NOW YOU FUCKIN WITH THE WRONG FAMILY

Chi town's finest said:
    February 12, 2013 at 7:11 PM

SOME PPL NEED TO GROW THE FUCK UP THIS WAS A HUMAN BEING WHO WAS PUSHED OR THREW OUT A MOVING VEHICLE TO SAY AWFUL COMMENTS IGNORANCE IS BLISS. I PRAY FOR HER FAMILY AND EVERY ONE WHO KNEW HER NO ONE DESERVES TO DIE LIKE THAT NOT EVEN THE STUPID DUMB MF NAMED TIRED OF MORONS. IGNORANT ASS LOSER I WILL PRAY FOR YOU. YOU CAN KISS MY BLACK ASS.

love said:
    February 12, 2013 at 7:54 PM

If he was guilty, why run away, wouldn't you wont to help in the case of your friend.

JAE said:
      February 13, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I think she was already deceased! This IDIOT thought he might be able to cover the murder up by throwing her out under a truck…

sharong4 said:
        February 13, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I intend to agree. If he was pushing her out, there should have been a struggle and 8 out of 10, they would have crashed. If he was so concerned and she jumped, why didn't he stop to make sure she as ok instead of running? There is something amiss here. And as far as hood rats are concerned, someone (Tired of the Morons) should look at his wife. The hood rats are the ones that are shaking, abusing and killing their babies.

Jeff said:
    February 13, 2013 at 3:16 AM

Ugh where's the vid on best gore ?????? Lets see where's she at ????

freersbots said:
    February 13, 2013 at 6:45 AM

kinda hard to believe holy cow man!

kamilah dew said:
    February 13, 2013 at 4:35 PM

i dont like how you think that my cousin death is something yall find funny so if yall dont have nothing to say that is relvent to her case please do me a favor and shut the fuck up this our time of giervment and damn it show respect….

Thomas said:
      February 13, 2013 at 10:44 PM

God bless your cousin!

Tangie said:
      February 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I've been trying to reach her family to give my condolences we didn't know her but it doesn't changed the fact she lost her life . I'm Mike' s sister and my family is truely sorry for your loss. As for the morons making disrespectful comments about this young lady you are disgusting and it's sad people like you don't have any type of humanity in you .

vette r said:
      February 17, 2013 at 9:49 PM

you are a deam fool how wuld you like it of that was our family member are you I don't think your words are good ones the question I have for you is did your mother teach you if you don't have nothing nice to say keep your deam trap closed