Reverend Larry Pickens is involved in this Congressional race because he wants “to make a difference.” As a pastor of the Southlawn United Methodist Church and a DePaul Law School graduate, Reverend Pickens intends to bring his diverse experiences to bear on the Second Congressional District if elected.
- Economics, crime and education go together.
- Job creation is linked to educational resources.
- Parties must be brought together to address issues of control and authority.
- Supports an assault weapons ban.
- Supports a ban on high capacity ammo cartridges.
- Supports mental health background checks.
- Supports the DREAM Act.
- Enhances economic situation of the United States.