From her humble beginnings as a nurse’s candy striper to her present position as the President and CEO of a management consulting firm, The Washington Group, Joyce Washington brings a wealth of healthcare experience to this race. Washington was a candidate for Illinois’ Lieutenant Governor in 2002 and for U.S. Senate in 2004, so she is no stranger to the race for political office.
- The number one issue is jobs.
- Invest in small businesses, the healthcare industry, and infrastructure.
- A way to create jobs.
- Supports a means of creating jobs.
- Ned background checks and ban on assault rifles.
- Must give more attention to the mental health issue.
- Supports the DREAM Act.
- Need a comprehensive plan immediately.