John Hawkins is running to offer the voters of the Second Congressional District “an alternative to the do-nothing politics of the Democratic and Republican parties”. Running on the Socialist-Workers Party platform, Hawkins contends that his party is the only party which has a plan that will truly improve the economy.
- The number one issue.
- Unemployment is a crisis for the working people.
- Supports the Peotone Airport Project.
- Supports 2nd Amendment rights.
- Existing gun control laws are sufficient.
- Undocumented workers deserve immediate legalization.