A veteran in the political world, Debbie Halvorson has served in government on local, state and national levels. As a 12 year Illinois State Senator she was the first woman to serve as majority leader. In 2008, Halvorson was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives and served for 2 years in Congress.
- The number one issue.
- Will bring high paying jobs to the District – not just minimum wage jobs.
- Supports the Peotone Airport Project.
- Project will generate more business.
- Does not believe in passing more laws.
- Open to banning automatic weapons.
- Must pay more attention to Mental Health Programs.
- Voted for the DREAM Act.
- Secure borders and give immigrants a chance to earn citizenship.