Poisoned lotto winner made business deal weeks before death
The Chicago lottery winner who died mysteriously of cyanide poisoning made a business deal that would benefit his wife in the case of his death just weeks before he died.
Urooj Khan signed papers to make sure his share of a lucrative dry cleaning company would go exclusively to his wife whenever he died. It’s worth somewhere around $2 million.
Khan inked the deal in early May, won a million dollars in the lottery by the end of the month, then died in July.
A tip from a relative caused police to exhume Khan’s body.
Tests show he actually died from cyanide poison and police are trying to find out how he got poisoned.