New fallout from Schaumburg police officers’ charges

Three Schaumburg police officers are charged with shaking down drug dealers; but charges against three men they arrested have now been dropped.

Prosecutors say officers John Cichy, Matthew Hudak and Terrance O’Brien were caught on camera breaking into a storage locker in Roselle and stealing what they believed was money from an out-of-town drug dealer.

The state’s attorney’s office says the officers have lost their credibility; authorities have since released 15 of 19 people the officers recently arrested on drug charges.

6 Comments to “New fallout from Schaumburg police officers’ charges”

pagan69 said:
    January 29, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Police and politicians both take an Oath; we are not getting our money’s worth out of either.

JAE said:
      January 29, 2013 at 9:12 AM

This is disgusting!

guest said:
    January 29, 2013 at 11:30 AM

like where i live the police hear are above the law they are rarely charged its just something we live with I could pull up the last ten years of articles not what the ordinary citizen gets , A likely comparison,I guess if I was on there side "police side" I would enjoy those types of benefits too

guest said:
    January 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I'm sure it's more common than they want us to believe. These guys just happened to get caught.

Guest said:
    January 30, 2013 at 9:41 AM

makes me sick to my stomach that the media still refers to these guys as officers.

Reba said:
    January 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM

These types of this are NOT common EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are the hypocrite's the next time you need Police assistance don't call!