IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

2 die from CO poisoning despite working detectors

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Carbon monoxide takes two lives on the north side despite a working detector in home.
77 year-old Rasheeda Akhter and 18-year-old Zanib Ahmed both died at Swedish Covenant Hospital about three hours apart Sunday.
Two other women and five children ranging in age from 5 to 12, all from the same family and living in the same building were hospitalized with similar CO poisoning symptoms.
Firefighters checked the building’s co detectors and found them to be in good working order.
Now questions are focusing on those detectors, just like the ones in most houses.
WGN’s Tom Negovan has more.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s