2 women killed after SUV plunges off overpass in Lyons

Police in the western suburbs are investigating an accident that killed two women.

37-year-old Michelle Miranda and 36-year-old Sandra Frankum died Saturday when their car crashed on Harlem Ave in Lyons.

The vehicle plunged at least 50 feet from Harlem to Canal Bank Drive in neighboring Forest View.

Illinois State Police are assisting Lyons Police in the investigation.

205 Comments to “2 women killed after SUV plunges off overpass in Lyons”

fatalbert2013 said:
    January 27, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Guess the idiots will try to outlaw SUVs, huh? Morns….

Liz said:
      January 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM

SUCH A RETARDED comment!!

Donald Johnstone said:
    January 27, 2013 at 9:40 AM

So sad, no on deserves to die that way. My heatr goes out to the families.

bobanmebrudder said:
      January 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I agree. It is terrible.

Clare said:
    January 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Didnt happen in the afternoon, happened in the early hours. Also a third pers

Fran said:
      January 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Did happen in the afternoon, cause traffic was held up while my family was trying to get to a birthday party

Carol said:
        January 27, 2013 at 5:46 PM

No, did not because there was a third person, driver, who was found early in the morning. The accident was DISCOVERED around noon. I know because I was out looking for my relative, one of the deceased. The police needs to keep investigating cuz the driver is in the hospital.

Anna said:
        January 27, 2013 at 6:25 PM

So sorry for your loss. One of the deceased was my friend. So tragic. Prayers being sent out to both families.

Nick said:
        January 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Hopefully they investigate everything. Those poor girls who were not even driving and laid there for hours before being found. Prayers to the families.

C Anyom said:
        January 27, 2013 at 5:49 PM

It happened in early hours, but weren't found till later in the afternoon. Very tragic…praying for her children, friends and family. 2 lives taken way too young.

Paul said:
    January 27, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Probably sleepy and drunk. Typical Chicago driver – selfish and wreckless.

LIZ said:
      January 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Really??? And you know ALL of Chicago drivers???!!

Dona said:
      January 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM

What a truly ignorant thing to say……

Fran said:
      January 27, 2013 at 2:43 PM

And you Paul are an idiot ! And not ALL Chicago drivers are sleepy, drunk, selfish & wreckless. who are you to make a judgement call like that, not knowing the people involved ?I also think that you have driven sleepy and after a few drinks yourself . These women were somebody's daughter, sister mother or aunt, so please shut the hell up

Paul said:
        January 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Perhaps not drunk and sleepy. But texting while driving.
        You're the idiot. Perhaps you text and drive too , thats why you don't notice all the snake drivers, the bull drivers, buzzed drivers, distracted drivers, and speeders on our streets.

Teri said:
        March 6, 2013 at 3:58 PM

The driver, dedicated mother… It's the choices we make that can be questionable

christy said:
        January 30, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Thank you Fran, Sandra just turned 36 on Jan 23…She was Wife, Mother, Sister (her parents are no longer living)and a friend. She was not the driver, nor was Michelle the other victim that died that night. She was not married or had kids…but she was a daughter, sister and friend……If you guys don't know what happened you should keep your mean comments to yourself. Because the negitivity just makes the family feel worse.

nightangel said:
        January 31, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Christy, how do you know Sandra nor Michelle were driving? I know we are all curious, Lisa had no left sided bruises no seat belt injury and no steering wheel or airbag marks. She was found completely soaked. So maybe she was actually ejected from the van into the river and thats why no seat belt or air bag marks. I'm sure the ems team who found Sandra n Michelle know if they were driving or not, from the position they were in, unless no seat belts were on;which I doubt.
        What really happened, was there another vehicle involved or not. I wonder.

Sad Sad said:
        February 13, 2013 at 8:31 AM

She was not ejected…She is a liar and should be ashamed of herself. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking

imsabri5 said:
      January 27, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Maybe they were trying to avoid an accident with a drunk driver…while he got away unharmed…did you ever consider that?

Doc said:
      January 27, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Paul your a moron!

steph said:
      January 27, 2013 at 7:41 PM

EXCUSE YOU? they are dead don't disrespect them like that. and this is outside Chicago . surrounded by stores and very near a school . who cares if they where drunk maybe they were tired from a hard day of work trying to support their families?

Meredith said:
      January 28, 2013 at 6:16 PM

That was my cousin who died. She has 4 small children. Idiots like you shouldn't comment about something you know nothing about! Also, moron, the driver was sober!!!! I hate people like you

looking for answers said:
        January 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM

How do you guys know who was driving for sure? Has the so called drivers tox report been seen? It could be positive for something other than alcohol. How can you actually find out?
        I know it doesn't bring Sandra or Michelle back but may shed some closer on this tragedy.

CovenAngel said:
        February 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM

I know first hand Lisa Elner and the others were drunk! My friends are cops and were at the scene that morning. Don't call anyone an idiot uness you know FOR A FACT that you are right and they are wrong!! Lia has been charged and she will get what she deserves, regardless of who her ex husband is and what type of cop he is.
        My cop buddies who were also friends with Michelle Miranda said that they were all at Juniors Bar and Grill in Berwyn when he overheard her talking about going to Mikes Luv N Music afterwards. This was around 1:30 when they left. There was a third girl who was good friends with Michelle and Sandra who was identified as Lisa Elner who apparently was found walking along Harlem frostbitten with major cuts. The cops found her hours later who clearly told them that she got into a fight and was jumped, but what she had was not any indication of a fight, more like she was in some sort of an accident. Another cop driving south on Harlem saw the torn rail and got out of his squad car to look what happened. That’s where he found the mangled vehicle. They put two and two together and found that Lisa Elner was the one that drove the vehicle off the bidge and then left shortly after, leaving Michelle Miranda and Sandra Frankum for hours without ever thinking about finding help.And…BTW…whoever mentioned that Lisa couldn’t have been driving because she would’ve had damage to her left side of her face was VERY wrong. She not only had her left eye swollen shut but also many stitches to the LEFT side of her face. Now I say, why would you so much leave your friends and lying to the cops unless you had something to hide, like maybe driving drunk and now you feel guilty so you make up excuse after excuse? She is no friend, otherwise she wouldn’t make up such a lie. Confess and the truth shall set you free, well, maybe not in this case.If that was MY daughter that died in that crash, SO HELP ME I’d WANT ANSWERS!!! QUIT COVERING THIS UP!! Karma WILL have a field day with this one! She knew what she did and she will pay dearly! So sad for the families of the deceased, may God Bless them.

guest said:
      January 31, 2013 at 7:29 PM

you are so rude and your need to read the bible and do some soul searching. we are not promised tommorrow or even the rest of this day. Im praying for your ignorance

family said:
      February 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM

No moron, not what happened
      and not one from chicago

Annoymaus said:
    January 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM

To all the people who are writing ignorant and plain heartless comments.. find something better to do than be hateful and rude. These women were amazing people with great families and friends and will be missed terribly. Find something better to do than be disrespectful when others lives are ruined and people are suffering due to this loss. And the accident happened early evening…

Ginna said:
      January 27, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Exactly! Thank you. Show some respect.

bbefn said:
      February 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM

ill always love michelle and sandra!! you all need to stop writing mean things you have no idea what went on!

Cheryl Lopatka said:
    January 27, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Very sad to leave this earth so quickly and without a chance to say Goodbye. Heartbreaking for the friends and families of these two folks. May they be warmly welcomed in Heaven.

NYB said:
    January 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I didn't know them. They were from my home town and from what I have seen and heard beautiful individuals that made a bad judgement call driving home. Many people have done this so don't use them as an example and let their families, friends, loved ones and anyone else reading this news article not have to read these kind of cold and heartless comments. There is a time and a place to preach about drunk driving. Now isn't the time and this is certainly NOT the place for it. God Bless and Amen.

Mary said:
      January 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I agree, the poor families that have to lose family members so fast. It is hard enough to lose people due to illnesses, but to lose someone without being able to say goodbye and I love you, has to be harder. My heart and prayers, go out to the families and friends of lost ones.

fatalbert2013 said:
    January 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Yea, Liz: It was retarded. I spelled MORONS incorrectly. Think you can beat 500 homicides this year?

brittany said:
    January 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM

RIP aunt sandra and michelle you are loved and missed

Old Co-worker said:
      January 28, 2013 at 9:03 AM

You will be missed Sandra.

Family said:
    January 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM

SO SAD!!! RIP SANDRA & MICHELLE!!!!

Anna said:
    January 27, 2013 at 6:34 PM

The police have not released any information stating this was a drunk driving accident. Have some respect for the women that lost their lives! The facts will speak for themselves, when the police are finished investigating. Until then, keep your hateful remarks to yourself!

RIP Michelle & Sandra <3

Dee said:
    January 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Michelle, I watched you growup into the beautiful person you were. All of your family and friends are greving and you will be truly missed, but I know that your NONI was at the Gates of Heaven waiting to greet you with open arms. All of us left behind, will gather together to help your parents make it through the next few days. You were their shining star.

RIP my darling

POSTER said:
    January 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I've followed some fellow facebooker's pages, and seen all the condolences, and the "why them"… never would I wish anything like this to happen to ANYONE. But, the night this happened, the bartender serving them even said she wasn't sure where they were but "Sandra, was feeling REALLY GOOD.. I was serving her"… so, alcohol was indeed involved and all their so-called friends, WERE NOT true friends, if they let them get behind the wheel.. no one should be drinking, regardless if they've had one or 10. Luckily no one else was hurt, but by their selfless actions and the lack of sense; not just by them, but the company they held this night, 2 what seemed like nice women are gone and their families are left to pick up the pieces. I wish peace for the families and children that are involved.

Jesse said:
    January 27, 2013 at 10:12 PM

That was so sad feel bad for the family , RIP

jmorlife63 said:
    January 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM

You just never here about a car or truck driving off the roads these days. It’s always those SUV’s with minds of their own.

Ignorant said:
      January 30, 2013 at 4:22 PM

WTF are you even talking about?! Show some respect, ignorant comment.

justagal71 said:
    January 28, 2013 at 3:53 PM

My heart goes out to this family.. this is a ver sad and tragic accident. god bless there soul they will be in my prayers.. god give this family the strength they need during this diffcult time..amen

joyce belmares said:
    January 28, 2013 at 6:03 PM

sandra & michelle, 2 best friends, sandra leaves 4 children behind from 2 to 15 yrs old, her 2 year old was born with congenital heart defect. she was a devoted mother and involved in CHD babys, her children are now morning their mom….it’s a horrible thing to happen to anyone. I believe that some one ran the off the road…skid marks on Harlem ave. 2 girls, so loved by so many. please pray for their families who are going thru so much right now….no one should judge, no one really knows what happened….

KathyMarie said:
      January 31, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Joyce I am so sorry that this tragedy happened and that people are just so rude and uncaring. They do not think about the fact that those innocent children are going to have to live with a huge void in their lives because Sandra was their life. Some people are heartless and just don't care about themselves or anyone else for that matter. I am sorry that besides the loss of Sandra and Michelle you have to endure such ignorance. I will continue to pray that God continues to give you and your family the strength to endure this tragic accident and I know God will give you strength to take care of those babies. You have always had a heart as big as this earth. Kathy will be waiting for Sandra at the pearly gates with open arms. God Bless you and your family. I wish I could be up there in person but I will be there in spirit. KathyMarie Lopez Robinson.

joyce said:
    January 29, 2013 at 12:12 AM

it was not an suv, it was a van, alot more to the story, something is fishy, still bieng investigated…
    and there was another person in the van, she is in the hospital still in critical condition….so don't judge, what you don't know…

NightAngel said:
      January 30, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Your right Joyce noone knows the whole story, however the 3rd passenger
      is not in critical care.

Brandon said:
    January 29, 2013 at 7:01 AM

So sad and they will be missed!! What’s going on with the investigation on this third person? How come no one is reporting about looking into that? they must have left the scene if they first said only two women were involved and if so, why leave the scene? Sounds very sketchy that the driver would leave the scene of such a terrible accident! Or like something is trying to be kept quiet! Rest in peace ladies and know you will not be forgotten.

NightAngel said:
      January 30, 2013 at 5:45 AM

Actually they basically always say 2 women killed, I was wondering about the 3rd person too. Well instead of hearsay, they have to investigate and be factual. The 3rd person was disoriented and couldn't even remember her own name. She too is sufferinig right now. Maybe she was the driver maybe she was a passenger. Once the facts come out the people that matter will know the truth.
      I loved Sandra very much from the time she was a lil girl. Sandra loved Michelle and the 3rd person.
      The truth ALWAYS comes out, however it DOESN'T bring them back.

ang said:
    January 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Sandra was a sweetheart, my 6 yr old son is best friends with her 7 yr old. I drove her son to school every day. All you people who are judging these poor women are even more terrible then anyhting I can think of. Sandra was a funny, sweet, kind, loving person. I am so so so sorry for Jionna, Jeffery, Johnny and Jacob. She was so devoted to those kids, and you could see it in everything she did. I am so sorry, to her family. RIP Sandra. She and I shared the same birthday and she just turned 36 on Wed, as did I. I talked to her on Friday morning ( she lived next door to me) and we were laughing about the snow and how the kids would be excited to play in the snow. It just reminds me be very aware of what cn happen in an instant. RIP.

Nightangel said:
      January 30, 2013 at 5:59 AM

Thank you for saying all these sweet things about Sandra, I loved her like a cousin. We grew up together. My Aunt was like her and her brothers aunt. She lost her mother a few years back to lung cancer, her dad died several years ago and now her wonderful brother lost his only sister.
      They were closer than biological cousins I will Always love Sandra. God bring Peace and strength to her brother, kids and the rest of her family. They are a very loving close family!! We will never understand Gods purpose in taking her, but he called her home for a reason. God rest her and Michelles souls.

nightangel said:
        January 30, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Im sorry I wasn't clear. Her cousins and she were closer than other biological cousins..They are a loving, deeply passionate family. Sandra always called me cuz,, GOD, I miss her already. Her smile was so intoxicating!!

guest said:
    January 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM

nobody "left the scene"

concerned citizen said:
      January 29, 2013 at 4:14 PM

It is rumored that a third person was admitted to the hospital before the other two bodies were discovered. Do you personally know otherwise?

concerned citizen said:
    January 29, 2013 at 5:11 PM

The third person's name is Lisa Elmer

NightAngel said:
      January 30, 2013 at 5:47 AM

You spelled her name wrong but is it really your place to submit her name?
      Obviously you don't have any concern for her safety.

Citizen said:
        January 30, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Why would she be in danger? Most people in the neighborhood know they were all together. This was a tragedy for all 3 of these 3 young women and their families. It was a terrible accident. I pray for them all. Didn't mean to offend anyone, just reporting the facts. Sorry if I spelled her name wrong. I hope that Lisa will be okay.

NightAngel said:
        January 31, 2013 at 3:50 PM

A distraught loved one, angry that Sandra or Michelle is dead could have wanted to retaliate and hurt the survivor thinking she was the driver or the killer. You don't know what people in pain can do. Not a good thing to disclose until all the facts are met. Yes she will be physically fine, who knows how she will be emotionally and mentally.

Family said:
      February 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM

No, wrong

guest said:
      February 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM

hey concerned citizen, seems like you need to stop judging and throwing stones. There is no reason to put this woman's name up. She loved those women and there are no facts supporting these rumors and gossip. You've just contributed to being part of that and an instigator! use your time to pray for these families who lost loved ones and the family of the survivor.

citizen said:
    January 29, 2013 at 5:12 PM

She was found wandering around on Harlem Ave 5 hours before the van was discovered.

concerned citizen said:
      January 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM

so sad. has anyone been able to question her and find out what caused this horrible tragedy?

Saddened said:
        January 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM

As of the other day, she hadn't been questioned.

Sad Sad said:
        February 12, 2013 at 12:14 PM

The 3rd person was arrested on Friday…..her bond was set at 2 million

Nancy drew too said:
        February 12, 2013 at 5:37 PM
    Sad Realtor said:
    January 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I knew Sandra as well. She was very kind. I was her realtor last year. I was so sorry to hear this. God bless her soul. She had an outstanding personality. My sister happened to be with me when I showed them their home and because how nice she was, my sister remembers her and her family from that one encounter. When I told my Sister about it when I heard about this tragedy today; she responded by saying, "I remember her. The really nice lady, her husband and her daughter. Oh my God." My Sister and my prayers go out to the family, friends and loved ones of these two ladies. We also pray that the third one pulls through. We know it is hard when you lose someone who is special, loving and kind. …but God will take you through this. Now the tears that are so encompassing, will later go away. With time, the memories that give you pain, will bring you joy. In Heaven there is no worries or pain, try to use that to help you in this, your time of grief. God Bless you all but especially to Jeff, her children, her parents, her brother in Bolingbrook and all of her other loved ones.

nightangel said:
      January 30, 2013 at 5:49 AM

That was beautiful. Her family and friends will appreciate these encouraging words. God Bless you as well.

Tara said:
    January 30, 2013 at 1:50 PM

R.I.P beautiful angels. You will be missed. These ladies were my friends. In spite of whatever happened a big hole will remain in the familie’s and friend’s hearts. Rude commits aren’t needed.

guest said:
    January 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM

The third person did not leave the scenshe may have been ejected from vehicle ect.. noone know she was found by scene . it was a mini van. and there is an investigation going on . either way the ppl on here making thier crude remarks should stop look in the mirror and tell yourself your an ignorance to society and apologize . her children may read this and if it were your children im sure they wouldnt be pleased reading this about you. esp. from some nobody putting in thier two sense that doesnt have a clue …

concerned citizen said:
    January 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM

this was such a tragic accident. i am sorry for the loss of these beautiful souls and hope that their families find peace and resolution. r.i.p. ladies.

Mr Smarty pants said:
    January 30, 2013 at 4:17 PM

When I heard that my childhood friend (Sandra) was in this tragic accident, I was deeply hurt, for her & mostly her children. There were many questions, Who was driving? How the hell they went over? Lots of questions went thru my mind, so today I heard the story & it really tears me apart knowing that they cudv possibly been saved, Im sick to my stomach!!!! This story starts with a night celebrating Sandra's birthday, she was with Michelle & Lisa. They went to 39th pub & were having a great time, Sandra invited another childhood friend, a male named Mike part of a Cicero Gang known as the 22 boys, while having a great time another rival gang showed up known as the 26 gang, so they decided to leave and go to Jr's on ogden, a lil while later, some 26 showed up there so they decided to go to loving music, Mike made it there & was wondering what was taking so long it was about 2;30 am. Bout 3hrs later Lisa was found walking down Harlem when she was spotted by the cops, injured & bloody, They asked her wat happened? She said she didnt kno…….they took her to the hospital……..While Michelle & Sandra lay there…………Possibly alive…………Michelle was outside the vehicle inches away from the canal water, while Sandra was still clinging on to the passenger door. Lisa was the driver & said she was unconscious for about 3hrs & doesnt remember wat happened. Last thing she remember's is just leaving the bar…………………But if that's true when she woke up she had to walk up the stairs to go back up the bridge to get back on harlem,…………………..Sandra & Michelle lay there for about 10 hrs b4 they were discovered by some1 else! I once heard that God takes the Good & leaves behind the Bad. From wat I heard Lisa had frost bite on her fingers & had to be amputated. Wat a sad story!

Jan said:
      January 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM

So I wonder if it is possible the gang members were following or chasing the girls? These girls were loved by sooo many, only God knows the truth. They parished together, so neither was alone. God spared Lisa for a reason, hopefully to give the true story about what happened.

Mr Smarty pants said:
        January 30, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Bingo! I think its a strong possibility that these girls were being chased! I really think , Lisa dont remember due to head injuries & well that crazy 50 ft fall. God bless them all!

guest said:
      February 12, 2013 at 11:40 AM

where did you get this information? Do the police know?

Anonymous said:
    January 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM

But the question still remains was Lisa drinking and driving? Was she drunk? Did these two woman die because they got in a car with a drunk driver? People lose their parents for lots of different reasons but because of booze? It’s sick, these were adults! The pain these families, let alone these 4 beautiful children will go through is heart wrenching. God bless these woman’s soul and these children’s hearts.

Mr Smarty pants said:
      February 1, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Yes they all had alcohol in their system.

Guest said:
      February 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Question is IF Lisa was driving and it was not her vehicle, WHY was the OWNER not able to drive?? Don't blame all this on Lisa!!!

Blah said:
        February 14, 2013 at 3:33 PM

it is Lisa's fault!!! She is a LIAR!!!!!! And she will go to prision!!!!! and be haunted everyday

Guest said:
        February 14, 2013 at 4:50 PM

WHATEVER!!!!!!

Anonymous said:
    January 31, 2013 at 12:46 AM

It is so hard to hear of this news honestly I only know of this because of friends on facebook and my heart aches for the families affected by this tragedy. I see Sandra and Michelle were very much loved by all who knew them especially immediate family. I dont blame anyone for how they feel, those who lost these women are hurt, angry, trying to fgure out what happened. It is their right to have that information. I know because I have lost a very close family member and to this day I stil have so many raw emotions about what happened. It is the most unfair, terrible horrible way to loose someone when you dont know why or what happened…..then when you do find out you want to go back, undo the last events that took place. Just make them not gone. You want those responsilbe to pay for what happened. I pray all will come to light what happened and hearts will be comforted. It is not easy, time doesnt help and 10 years seems like yesterday. I hope the driver does remember what took place ..so .for those who lost Sandra and Michelle, can have the truth. .If there are those that need to be prosecuted…..the truth will show.

sad said:
    January 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM

This is heartbreaking, no matter who, how, when…can’t bring Michelle or Sandra back. As for Lisa, she survived but will forever be in pain for the rest of her life. I hope all the families can find peace in their hearts to forgive, an unselfish act that God would expect in this unplanned tragedy among good friends.

Anonymous said:
      January 31, 2013 at 10:30 AM

So well said.

anonymous said:
    January 31, 2013 at 12:07 PM

It is so sad that some people can not leave these wonderful girls alone. Please let them RIP.

I never knew how heartless peple can be and How judgemental some can be. This was a HORRIFIC tradgedy!!
    What ever happened to te saying if you cant say something nice then ay nothing at all.

All I have to say is tht Heaven received two very specia angels.

GUEST said:
      January 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM

AMEN AMEN PEOPLE JUST NEED TO FOCUS THEIR ENERGY ON TRYING TO GET TO KNOW THIS WONDERFUL FAMILY AND OFFER SOME COMFORT

Praying said:
    January 31, 2013 at 5:57 PM

The speculation needs to stop. This is not the time nor the place. This is a tragedy and everyone is losing sight of the fact the 2 families are devastated – 4 children lost a mother who loved them more than anything and family members and friends are grieving. What happens in the dark ALWAYS comes to the light. And if any of this speculation is true, it will eventually come out. Right now everyone's concern should be for the families of the victims left behind. May these 2 women rest in eternal paradise and may their loved ones find comfort in the fact of how much they were loved by so many.

anonymous said:
      January 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM

AMEN

NightAngel said:
    February 1, 2013 at 5:02 AM

As of yesterday Lisa did not have any amputations nor are they pending.She had no brain injury, nor brain bleed. What a miracle, she was never admitted into critical care.The shock and frost bite very likely contributed to her amnesia. How ever, how is it she doesn't remember getting in the van? There was no tragedy at that time. So why can't she remember who drove? Maybe her pain, saddness and guilt is preventing her from all this. People have been known to block out horrible memories for yrs. All 3 were supposidly "feeling good" well I'm sure, it's because they were celebrating!

NightAngel said:
    February 1, 2013 at 5:04 AM

Now maybe people believe Lisa was sober because she wasn't drinking but she could've had something else in her system. Something that could've slowed her reflexes or reaction time.
    She admitted to having been with Sanj and Michelle for only about an hour prior to leaving. Lisa stated she also believed the van was hit by another vehicle. IS she trying to give a message or is she herslef just looking for answers as well? WHY WHY couldn't the officers have been more diligent and question why Llisa was soaked to the bone and check the canal/river sooner.
    God knows why, there are just so many people hurting wishing this didn't happen.

Blah said:
      February 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM

ya freakin cocaine…..she was dinking she was charged with a DUI! Com on don't sit there and think I believe for one second she had no idea what happened….maybe the first few hours okay…..But to tell the cops she was beat up….I mean why lie? She knew she was going to be in trouble!!!!! and she deserves to go to JAIL!!!

Guest said:
        February 14, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Buck off!

Ray said:
    February 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Love you Mish.. Miss you more than I can ever express..

Guest said:
    February 1, 2013 at 6:25 PM

People in accidents sometimes do not remember what happened prior to the accident. This could be minutes or even an hour before. When my sister was hit by a man blowing a red light at 75 miles an hour, the last thing she remembered was getting ready to leave the house for work. Her body was in shock even though she was communicating with authorities. When you are hit like that there is a lot of confusion and disorientation. I find it hard to believe that this girl is covering up something. My sister still doesn't remember getting hit, leaving the house, or being rescued from her car. She remembers waking up in a helicopter that was airlifting her to Chicago….Even though everyones stated she was "talking" in the ambulance, at the scene, and at the first hospital.

Thinker said:
      February 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Take finger prints from the steering wheel to help determine who was driving…..

Guest said:
    February 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM

How dare you people criticize and judge!!
    Were you there with them??? Probably not
    Did you witness what happened??? Probably not
    Did another driver run them off? Were they being followed and panicked? If you were not there to witness what happened, keep your comments to yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let Sandra & Michelle RIP, their families grieve and hope Lisa is on the road to recovery!

Bystander said:
      February 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM

All of Sandra’s husband’s friends and her husband himself were all gangbangers! Noble Knights.

Tara said:
        February 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Wow some people are just that ignorant to set people up and put there names out there. Let my friends rest in peace and God will do his work as well as the police.

Guest said:
        February 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Like I said, if you weren't there to witness any of his horrible tragedy, keep your comments to yourself!!!! Do you know that her husband or his "gang" had anything to do with this???

guest said:
        February 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM

do you know that it doesn't. where you there?

Guest said:
        February 14, 2013 at 6:04 AM

Were you???

guest said:
        February 14, 2013 at 7:23 AM

i'm not the one assuming they were chased off the road by gangbangers. people need to quit making excuses for their bad judgement.

Blah said:
      February 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM

The questions we have is not so much the accident….It was an ACCIDENT I believe that….What we can't wrap our heads around is why Lisa would Lie and tell the cops she got beat up and not mention the crash!!!

Guest said:
        February 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Having fallen asleep at he wheel TEN years ago…..I still don't remember everything.
        Cops ordered hospital to take all drug tests……came back clean.
        I'm not saying they weren't drinking and other things, but the memory thing is a possibility

justice said:
    February 2, 2013 at 7:51 AM

So if the van did not belong to the "driver lisa" who did the van belong to? This is such a tragedy, but I am sure the family's want to know what the heck happened. With all the gang violence going on is it possible, they were being chased or even shot at? Why would these well established family oriented ladies, hang out with anyone from a gang. Childhood friends or not, it is dangerous territory. Yesterday sandra was layed to rest and this morning Michelle will be layed to rest, knowing Michelle's parent, they are going to want answers and the person responsible to be held responsible. Whether they were drinking, drugs or cut the can off, or what ever, someone made a bad decision and two women are now gone. Whether it be Lisa or a distraction, or another car. If it turns out that one of the women were driving then it will at least give them peice of mind.

Guest said:
      February 2, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Do you know for a "fact" it was Lisa's vehicle? It has NOT been determined who was driving.

justice said:
        February 3, 2013 at 11:45 AM

No I do not know for a fact, that is why I asked "if the van did not belong to lisa who did it belong to" obviously it was not Michelle's. Was it Sandra's?

Mr Smarty pants said:
        February 4, 2013 at 12:56 AM

yes it was sandras van.

Anonymous · said:
    February 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM

There is alot of who what when where why but I dont think anyone should judge anyone however that is what this world does every day. Just because they dont do something another person does they think they are better. NOONE is better than anyone. Compare yourself to God and then see where you stand. The only people who have any say is the family of Sandra and Michelle and Lisa herself. No matter what happened she is the one who doesnt have memory now but when she does I wouldnt wish that I my worst enemy. To relive that night for the rest of her life, thats horrible. She is and will continue to go through physical plus emotional pain for the rest of her life knowing her friends are gone and Im not saying becuase I think she had anything to do with it, I dont know therefore I place no judgement on her ever.. I wish her the best during her recovery both now and in the future. For the familes of Sandra and Michelle I have no words, my heart goes out to each and everyone.

Scared girl said:
    February 3, 2013 at 11:08 PM

This story is being investigated, we are all entitled to our opinions but to put blame on anyone is reprehensible. Bottom line is 2 girls are dead and the 3rd girl survived but will never be the same. All were consenting adults, although drunk, it was simply a tragic accident. Even the lone survivor will forever suffer, I know her personally and she is not the same person anymore. I hope this accident saves lives and opens our eyes because most people have driven under the influence including me. I know I never will again.

I want ans's! said:
    February 4, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I can see how people would think Lisa is the blame, doesnt really matter who was driving at this point, however Lisa woke up from this tragedy & she had to have seen her friends & the van, so y didnt she tell the cops wen they found her? I heard she told the cops she wasnt even with Michelle or Sandra, thats y people are blaming her because she was with them & left them behind, maybe because she was the driver & caused the accident, who knows but that is a lil strange that she had no head injuries & cant remember, dont u think?

friend said:
      February 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM

It's not strange she can't remember. Manslaughter, Vehicular Homicide. Those are pretty good reasons not to remember. And 2 counts at that. I don't think this was her fault at all, and I believe that it was a terrible accident, but cops and states attrnys. don't see it that way. if someone was driving under the influence they are culpable according to the police. And they will charge that person. I know that they were all friends and all of them chose to get in the car, but again the cops need someone to charge. That is why the girls story changed so many times. I feel bad for everyone involved and it is heartbreaking.

justice said:
    February 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Interesting enough, a relative of Lisa's is a part of a police department which make sence why this is all being covered up with the "I wasnt with anyone, I cant remember". The families deserve answers, please please lisa fess up and tell them what happened, if it comes out later you could be in worse trouble. There are other people investigating and the truth will come out.

Not Your Place said:
      February 4, 2013 at 4:38 PM

How do you think you would feel if you were in a 4000 pound vehicle that fell 50 feet? Do you think it is possible that you would suffer from amnesia or become disoriented… that's if you survived? You clearly have no idea what happens to the brain after it suffers severe trauma. I know everyone is looking for answers, but let this poor girl recover. Hopefully, things will come back to her and she'll be able to provide some answers.

justice said:
        February 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I am just stipulating that there maybe a cover up since Lisa maybe facing some serious charges and the families of the deceased deserve to know the truth.

I want ans's! said:
        February 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Yea but she had no head injuries!!!!!

Mr..M D said:
        February 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM

black eye swollen shut for a couple days and 8 stitches on her left temple…sounds like a head injury to me

Mr. Smartypants said:
        February 6, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Everything is being covered up because Lisa's X husband is a police officer, thats why she has amnesia! ;)

Blah said:
        February 14, 2013 at 3:39 PM

SHE LIED TOOOOOOOOO POLICE!!!!!

Bystander said:
    February 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I can’t imagine how Sandra’s husband, Jeff, must be feeling. Them being separated and all.

Marc Becerra said:
    February 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Gonna miss u michelle. Your lovin cuzn. All u people with ignorant comments go to hell. Many tears wereshed and youll b missed by many. I love you,you were took too early

Marc Becerra said:
    February 4, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Love you michelle your cuzn marc

sickened said:
    February 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM

These women were partying hard, Doing coke and drinking. Losers

Not Your Place said:
      February 5, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Who are you to judge??

Praying said:
      February 5, 2013 at 10:55 AM

And you know this because???
      The comment you posted makes you the biggest loser!

Bystander said:
    February 5, 2013 at 8:35 AM

All those 22 and 26 were following them bar to bar? Could be her husband’s involvement with NK!?!?

Mr. Smartypants said:
      February 5, 2013 at 12:07 PM

All wat 22's? There was 1 22 boy that they were with & both 39th pub & Jr's are known for 26 alway's being there, duh!

friend said:
    February 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM

GUEST said:
      February 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM

No. Your right as an adult . If you are under the influence and decide to be driver you are taking whoever else in the vihicles lives in your hands and if this happens , well than you will suffer the consequences … this is why parentsd should teach thier children well and instill values and fear as to what can happen in amny situations if drinking and driving .. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THERE ARE NO ANSWERS YET.. THE POLICE BY INVESTIGATING THE SCENE HAVE TO KNOW WHO WAS WHERE ND DETERMINED WHAT THE BASICS ARE .. SO SOMETHINGS FISHY THAT NOONE HAS SAID A THING .

Mr. Smartypants said:
    February 6, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Lisa has no memory because her X husband taught her well since he's a cop! ;)

Scared girl said: