Video featuring UFC fighter sparks protest

Some women’s advocacy groups want to stop a fighter from competing in this weekend’s Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson is set to compete in the championship this Saturday night at the United Center.

The advocacy groups claim Jackson appeared in a video that, they believe, made light of rape.quintonjackson

The video, featured on YouTube, shows Jackson giving advice on picking up women.

In the video, he suggests using chloroform and duct tape until a woman pulls a gun on him.

UFC officials say they find the video “tasteless” but they’ve agreed to let Jackson compete.

Photo courtesy of YouTube

15 Comments to “Video featuring UFC fighter sparks protest”

Matt said:
    January 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Its called a "joke". I hate the PC police

T-Dawg said:
    January 25, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Umm, it was a joke AND the "rapist" character got what he deserved (gun pointed at him). If anything, it would discourage rape due to possibly being shot by a victim.

JustSayin said:
    January 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Man at bar asks his buddy "Do you think I could pick up that hot girl over there?"

The buddy looks at the hottie and says "With chloroform and a rope."

kjhgfd said:
    January 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM

and i bet every woman in that group would F@#k him all night…..

sharong4 said:
    January 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I have not seen the video, but what I can make of it, it was just a joke. I am a woman and being in bars, my friends have asked me if I thought I could pick up a guy, and I have said, if I stick my tittie out. That doesn't mean that I am going to do it. Some times people need to sit back and think about what is said, as opposed to how it sounds.

paul in mi. said:
    January 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM

What comes out of a persons mouth is a representation on them selfs. We have gotten so low in our country.

BK said:
    January 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM

As I sit here enjoyably pondering the past I find myself fondly thinking back to the '70's and how there was a movement then to ban the horrifically violent sport of boxing. Now with my mind's eye back in the year 2013 I perceive how grandly naive we once were, as I watch the human pit bulls of cage fighting go after each other.

god said:
    January 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I'm sure this was a joke just like i'm sure these woman's groups could be focusing there attention on real issues and not a stupid video. put in the right context rape can be used in comedy, and its is used in stand-up mostly by woman comedians.

Okaley08 said:
    January 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Holy $&@) the PC police are all out of white guys to give $&@) to, so now they are going after Jackson about a joke! Man what happen's when they go in to combat and $&@) goes south and the PC police, aren't around to help them from not just getting killed but raped? Jackson made a joke! Combat is no joke! Better toughen up ladies! You can be drafted now also!

crabman said:
      January 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM

D R A F T E D ?????

James said:
    January 27, 2013 at 7:48 PM

What DA —some guys have said such crappy things for so long and never get called on it they think its OK–

cherrin12 said:
    March 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM

LUXA2 H4 Aluminum Ipad holder Stand LH0006: Computers & Accessories.

lovemycount09s jimdo page said:
    March 23, 2013 at 2:30 AM

I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing.

لعبة سيارات said:
    February 5, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I'm sure this was a joke just like i'm