Local News

Bank robber pleads not guilty to jail escape charges

Kenneth Conley, the convict who made a daring escape with another prisoner from a downtown federal jail last month, pleaded not guilty Wednesday morning.

The escape charge carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250.000 fine.

Conley, who was awaiting sentencing for a 2011 bank robbery in Homewood, escaped from the Metropolitan Correctional Center on Dec. 18. Conley and his cellmate, Joseph Banks, removed a cinder block in their cell and scaled 15 stories down the fa├žade of the building with a rope made of bed sheets.

Banks was caught a few days later, Conley was on the run for 18 days before he was caught in the south suburbs.

Conley appeared in federal court in a wheelchair again. He sustained injuries while on the run.

Conley also faces a maximum 20 years in prison for bank robbery.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

3 Comments to “Bank robber pleads not guilty to jail escape charges”

    Jonathan said:
    January 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM

    wow, the balls on that idiot! How more busted could he get? That's like being caught at a murder scene with the knife in your hand and the victim stabbed repeatedly and saying that the victim repeatedly pushed himself backwards intro the knife while he held it!

    Jonathan said:
    January 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM

    into

    Tired of the Morons said:
    January 23, 2013 at 5:01 PM

    Why do they even let them plead. What he had a set of keys. Thanks for wasting my money.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement