3 injured after turbulence hits American Eagle flight

An American Eagle plane landed at O’Hare airport with three injured passengers due to turbulence, Wednesday morning.

Airplane

A generic image of an airplane.

American Eagle flight 3720 hit turbulence en route from New Orleans to Chicago, causing some passengers to be injured.

The plane landed at O’Hare around 9:30 a.m. and passengers were met by the Chicago Fire Department, according to an American Airlines spokeswoman.

The plane is a Bombardier CRJ-700 with 26 passengers and four crew members.

Chicago Fire Department says three passengers complained of head injuries.

One person was transported to the hospital, two others were treated at the scene.

10 Comments to “3 injured after turbulence hits American Eagle flight”

bill t. said:
    January 16, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Wear your seat belts folks. I've seen people bounce off of the overhead, I was fine, I was belted in.

Sherry said:
      January 16, 2013 at 4:24 PM

and always pay attention to Flight Attendant demo and instructions from the Crew.S

bill t. said:
        January 16, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I was on a flight once and the attendant said "… and if there's anything you want, don't hesitate to ask". So one of the attendants were walking past me to do some final for take off, I stopped her and asked for a beer. She told me that we had to wait until cruising alt. I said, "that nice lady up there told to not hesitate to ask if there was anything I wanted". She said, "you were paying attention, you get free beer". :-D

Karmah said:
    January 16, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I have only flown once in my life 25 years aog and it was smooth sailing. I didn't know turbulence could be that bad!

Rick said:
    January 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Your not supposed to undo your seat belt even if the seat belt sign is off. They say iot before you even leave the ground and they say it after you are in the air. You don't undo your seat belt in the car during the ride do you? Same principal. Of course simple is way over the heads of a lot of people.

lil jimmy norton said:
    January 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Stupid ass people. Who cares if they got hurt. THe same shittard losers who stand up and run for the front during taxi are the same ones who dont wear a seatbelt. I would laugh my wooden ass off to see some dumass pinball around the inside of that aluminum tube till rendered unconscious. Then when they come to, I can sell em a pet rock. "C'mere a minute you!" Won't everyone please marry themselves to another national tragedy, like the children. Then go pur more funny down your holes…

mike said:
      January 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM

no doubt. same goes for the standers as soon as the plane stops. stand there for 15 minutes and bag ur head on the overhead. rejects!

diamond don said: