6 hospitalized following CO leak in Skokie

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Old Orchard Residences in northwest suburban Skokie was evacuated due to a carbon monoxide leak.

The cause was a malfunctioning furnace system.

Carbon monoxide alarms went off at around 8 a.m. which probably helped save from a major disaster.

Six people were sent to area hospitals with symptoms of nausea and lightheadedness. No serious injuries were reported.

The cause of the leak is still under investigation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

1 Comment

  • Thetruth

    This is a lie! No alarm went off! People felt sick that is why they called 911. The firemen had no idea what was going on and they brought in detectors and that is when they realized that it was carbon monoxide in the buildings. How do I know this because I was a victim of this incident. Shame for lying about having detectors. The management of this apartment complex is cheap! As soon as lease is up we are moving out!