Responsibilities: Intern will assist in the day-to-day operations of the Production Department. Including, but not limited to, assisting with pre-production work for various live remotes (parades, telethons, special events) organizing and maintaining the stations Public Service announcement files, screening and dubbing tapes, maintaining the departments tape library and helping with general office duties i.e copying, filing, etc…
The candidate must be an undergraduate (junior/senior standing) or graduate student attending an accredited University. Must be able to obtain college credit for the internship. Candidates must be reliable, organized, and possess excellent writing and interpersonal skills. Proficiency in word and excel helpful. Some webpage maintenance experience also helpful. A writing test will be required.
* Additional Information
Four Internship Sessions (limited to 1 session per calendar year)
– Fall (8-12 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – July 15)
– Winter (8-10 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – October 15)
– Spring (8-12 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – January 15)
– Summer (8-12 Weeks – Deadline to Apply – April 15)
– Must be 18 or older and eligible to work in the US.
– Registered students in good standing at an accredited college or university preferred.
– Must be able to work the hours required by department.
– Students can receive university or college credit for participating in this program but need to handle paperwork involved
Internships pays state minimum wage.
Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested send cover letter & resume to:
WGN-TV Human Resources Dept.
2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago, IL 60618
Fax: (773) 528-1387
Apply On-line: Please go to http://www.tribunemedia.com, go to Careers, then job listings and search for keywords “Production Intern”.
Resumes must be received at least one month prior to the beginning of each session to assure full consideration.
*Interns are considered trainees and not employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1973.